Re: Putty .exe

--- Begin Message ---
as-salamu alaykom,

> Ahmad, I think Mr. El-Mahmoudy is looking to run/test putty and might
> not be looking to compile it (I would have been in that boat).  I
> highly suggest you provide an .exe on a site somewhere to point people
> to until the next putty release is official made (which includes the
> Arabic support).

	actually yes, I just wanted to run putty. I did go to the CVS site once you
	guys said that they took the arabic patch. Anyways, when I tried to compile
	it, I didn't find the Makefiles mentioned in Readme file.
	Anyways, after bro Ahmad replied me, I looked again at the CVS snapshot I
	downloaded & found a perl script (mkfiles.pl) that seems to generate the
	makefiles. So, under linux, I uncompressed the snapshot & ran that script
	to get the Makefiles, then I compressed the whole lot again (including
	Makefiles now!) and insh'Allah tomorrow I will be on a win2k machine with
	VC++, and I'll compile it. Is what I done correct so far ? I mean, should I
	have run this perl script on the same machine/OS that I am going to compile
	putty for or is what I done fine ?

wa jazakum Ullahu khairan...

--

 Ahmed El-Mahmoudy