[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: CUPS Arabic support ?
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: CUPS Arabic support ?
- From: Ahmad Khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 22:21:39 +0300
- Newsgroups: cups.development
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
Michael Sweet wrote:
Ahmad Khalifa wrote:
ok, what about LGPL ?
you can do whatever you want with it.
Not exactly. There is an implied requirement that in order to
comply with the LGPL you need to link dynamically to the library
or provide source. Also, you can't re-license the code under
different terms, which is a requirement for us for any core code
that we use - the licensee might be shipping on an embedded
platform where source and shared libaries are simply not possible.
Ok, so we will continue with miniBidi (MIT licensed) and the current
patch will be tested and debugged after some work on miniBidi to make
it compliant with Explicit Directional marks.
I appologize for the late dissappearance, I will resume working on
miniBidi and the patch in 2 weeks, it'll probably take me about 1 week
to get everything finished. i hope this fits within your release
schedule and we wont have to wait for the next release.