Re: Bidi-less Applications Patching Policy

Munzir Taha wrote:
Suggestion #1: we should have priorities which is clear in our ToDo list. It should be optional but it should be there.

totally with you there. i've even summed up the Todo list before with the changes i thought should be made. i expected people to vote on the priorities and add other things, but only Youcef responded.

http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/May/msg00062.html

Suggestion #2: Ahmed should be asked to consider cooperating with Behdad on solving all bidi/shaping issues in fribidi. This should be discussed and a convincing resolution should be found. (sorry for these should's)
A significant unique capability on Fribidi that would persuade developers to use it over minibidi should be there and should be known to every one here. I would also like to know why fribidi will continue as an LGPL not a GPL if we would have a hack like minibidi

shaping in FriBidi is almost done. behdad helps a lot, so i think that if he needs help, he'll just ask for it. i'd be glad to help.

Suggestion #3: harsh and unjustifiable words should not be rejected by all members, especially core, whatever the situation is.

dont understand this, but i think all religion-related issues are irrelevant here, arabeyes should be religion-neutral and -free, i.e strictly technical (at least developer and doc).

i hope this issue is behind our backs, like the other one 2 weeks ago.
and i do appologize if by any way i have caused harm to anyone or any
program.

ak.