[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH] MPlayer Subtitles Arabic Shaping Support
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] MPlayer Subtitles Arabic Shaping Support
- From: Ahmad Khalifa <ahmad at khalifa dot ws>
- Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:48:50 +0300
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
Mohammed Yousif wrote:
Attached is a patch to enable Arabic language support.
Currently, FriBiDI does BiDI, but Arabic also needs shaping.
Shaping is the process of "connecting" the letters to form new
shapes depending on the position of a given Arabic letter.
Good job there.
the screen shots look really cool.
will the patch be included officially ?
btw, i took a look at the patch, im guessing that your shaping
breaks on transparent chars (a.k.a NSM). you might want to look into
if you need any help, i'll be around...
btw, i got Mandrake-10 CDs, want 'em ?? i can come to zagazig again :-))