Re: Bidi-less Applications Patching Policy

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 08:55:49PM +0100, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:

> > Yes, we are on two _very_ different clocks, but at least you know what
> > timezone I'm on ;) I had no idea you were on the May 24 timezone.
>
> It is not my timezone. These days are copied from the mail itself.

I am using "timezone" very loosely here (ie. I'm on the putty issue
first timezone whereas you are on the cups issue timezone).

> Let's put it that way. You didn't convince anybody before that, as clear from
> the e-mail. That e-mail is the first one to mention that CUPS people don't like
> LGPL libraries.

You make it sound like I woke up one morning and mde that "decision". It
didn't happen like that.

[1] May 23, 2004  (Ahmad fwd's CUPS email)
[2] May 24, 2004  (Nadim recommends minibidi if license is issue)

18 posts in that thread and _then_ the patching policy was announced.

> Yes. I came here because it is the right place. But I found many things going
> wrongly..

Sure, nothing is perfect (just like the way you are going about telling
us about the way things are not done properly -- that's done wrongly) ;)
Go figure.

> Suspecting I found a well of money and I am leaving you for that, huh? Well
> that didn't happen yet, but thanks for not getting involved.

Ha! If I had suspected such a thing, I would be on a plane to the UK
blackmailing you to get a piece of the pie ;)