Re: Bidi-less Applications Patching Policy

Seems my largest contribution to Arabeyes is this runaway thread.

 --- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> > - Arabization/translation issues, we are putting our rules regardless ofthe
> > zillion Arabic/language departments in the Arab world. Assuming that nobody
> > is teaching computer in Arabic before.
>
> Reading what you said above I understand you are basing your decision almost
> 50% on the previous example ?!?

Not to that extent.

> Well, that's why QAC was created for, remember ? ie: to suggest, to propose,
> to improve, to refer to existing work...... If you have any issue with what
> is done on translation, then propose solutions

That was before somebody did a general comment that was even not QAC specific
and got fired under the core WMD act.

> (BTW, I remember you once said
>
> you're going to work on Fedora...;).

Good point :)

> On a side note, there was a contact from a community of Arabic translators
> who
> said they were planning to help us but we are still waiting for actual
> contributions.

I know about 'wata'. Good point, again.

> PS: I won't get into discussing the 'Arabeyes is not supporting OSS'
> statement
> and such (unfair statements ? pointless ?... ;).

Me too. I have never said 'Arabeyes is not supporting OSS' and I don't believe
that. The GPL/BSD issue is another point totally.

Add to the reason list, btw:
- Lack of communication. Example: I am interested in supporting Arabic on the
command line, but I wasn't able to catch what's happening on the other side of
Arabeyes. While it seems that core do have the global picture, we don't. It
didn't even help that I subscribed to core, and stealing a look at cvs is a
post mortem act:)

Salam,
Muhammad Alkarouri