Re: Bidi-less Applications Patching Policy

Salam,

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 20:48, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:

> First of all, I am not resentful of the Core committee. Not on the
> existence nor in the principle that it should be small. Two points, though:
>
> - Core does not exist to stifle discussions. By the way I don't attribute
> it to all core members, only some of them display this attitude.

I'm not aware of any.

> - Second thing is that other members and member opinions are useful
> resources for Core. I expect to be able to say my opinion (with no
> exaggeration/nagging) and then core can decide what is best for Arabeyes.
> Not discovering a problem, thinking about it themselves, solving it, and
> then passing it for us to implement.

I have never seen that (if any, then it was not on purpose). If there have
been such mistakes then we'll be glad that you point them in a constructive
and productive manner: 'You guys are wrong because this and that and you
should fix it quickly' and not by telling 'I'm leaving and/because Arabeyes
is not supporting OSS'.

>  --- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> > Well, allow me to remind you then ;) Seriously, Core is completely
> > pointless if there are people (again, the keyword here is sizeable,
> > since someone, somewhere, always will nto be happy bout something)., who
> > are completely unhappy with their decisions.
>
> And people are completely pointless if core is to use its brain muscles
> without others help (see above).

... ?!

Read below.

[...]

> > We have tried to contact the "authorities" and still to no avail. This
> > is an on-going challenge and we are all aware of it.
>
> While you are doing that, do the things that you can. Use available
> dictionaries technical and otherwise. How much does an ALESCO dictionary
> cost, by the way?

Please do some checks before you make such a statement.

1- I _did_ buy an ALECSO dictionary, with money from my own pocket. [And it
was sent from Tunisia to France, so I had to pay the posting too ;)]. Who
said volunteering was costless ? ;)

2- Read the QAC agenda for next meeting (Wiki). I personally added the point
to discuss the reference to ALECSO standards. Oh, and you can check that the
modification date is not today's ;) I did the change one or two days ago,
after _your_ post to 'doc'. Who said 'core' did not take account of 'other's'
opinion.

Come on...

- --
Youcef R. Rahal