Re: Bidi-less Applications Patching Policy

On Yaum al-Ithnain 11 Rabi` al-Thaani 1425 11:47 pm, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 03:08:50PM +0300, Munzir Taha wrote:
> > BSD gives us more rights? I know the reverse is true. MIT is more
> > opensource than BSD. It doesn't ask for any endorsement restrictions.
> > Simply put, MIT says do  whatever you want with the code except to blame
> > me. BSD would force you to take written permission from the author in one
> > case, though trivial.
>
> It's not that important. However, do re-read the licenses and you will
> see that BSD gives more rights to the author. Yes, this protects
> Arabeyes (the no endorsement clause) and does not in any way interfere
> in the inclusion/modification/re-distribution of the code.

You are speaing from an author view point and I am speaking out of the user
viewpoint, so we agree.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA