Re: xterm & bidi

--- Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs dot toronto dot edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
>
> > xterm and bidi ?  Did I hear that right ?  If so, where/what/how ;-)
> > I looked over the Changelog on xterm and didn't see anything that
> > stood out,
> >
> >   http://dickey.his.com/xterm/xterm.log.html
> >
> > I know xterm does UTF-8 and that its author is willing to look into
> > including Bidi, I just didn't know it was actually happening; do please
> > shed some light on this (URLs, instructions, etc).
>
> Well, it was done by Robert Brady and never found its way in.
> BTW, here is the deprecated page:
>
> http://www.farsiweb.info/howto/xterm/

Could we at a min have it be included but ifdef'ed out ?  I remember
this patch was discussed a long time ago, but I honestly don't remember
why it was simply rejected (as noted, I've exchanged email with xterm's
maintainer and he is open to the idea of a Bidi patch - so maybe we
should simply resubmit it post any minor changes in order to ramp up
to the more recent code).