Re: PuTTy: latest work done b4 stopping

Musab Al-Rawi wrote:
salam all ,
dear Kamal and Sayd, i am working on putty's bidi .. and form the archives i found the following :
1. u decided not to use what Windows supports.

Not really. The Windows support was under investigation. I focused on the internal representation of the buffers first, and did not reach the point to experiment with the Windows support (uniscribe). As far as I was concerned, everything was open and whatever does the job should be considered.

2. it was clear that what u needed was at least the following
- having visual and logical buffers for what's being veiwed in the terminal.
- what's being shown in the terminal is what it in the visual buffer ( of course ); which is done
in both of
term_out() _
from_backend() _|--- both in the file terminal.c

please correct me if something is wrong or missing.

Sorry, I don't recall.

now did u do any changes on the original code that was imported? if yes could u plz let me know why were they made and how essencial are they ?

Yes, the initial import was changed. It was all experiments with different approaches. Last I remember, is taking mlterm's guts , that is the internal buffer representation and planting it into PuTTY's. Nothing is essential since I had to stop working on PuTTY before completing these experiments and reaching any conclusions. Nothing will be lost if you start with a fresh import of the latest PuTTY.

i think i am gonna need some help and i beleieve that u can help me alot since u spent alot of time studying the code, will it be possible?

Depends what kind of help ;) If it's an email that I can answer from the top of my mind, then there is no problem, it will take a minute; after all, the top of my mind is pretty shallow ;)

thanks for the help in advance, and i hope that i will hear from u soon :) have a good one walsalam.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Sincerely, Musab Basil Al Rawi M.Sc., Software Design Methodology Mobile # +971 50 367 0624 Phone # +971 6 556 3436

Regards, Kamal