Re: BiCon imported to CVS

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> Salam,
>
> I imported the BiCon code to CVS an hour or so ago. There were a few
> other things I would have liked to do before importing but the Internet
> connection today has been flaky so I didn't want to be the bottleneck
> and went ahead and  imported.
>
> I have changed a whole bunch of file/dir names as well as some
> variables, etc. No change to the actual code.

Thanks a lot.  Can you post CVSROOT please?  I cannot check it
out.  I do this and fails:

cvs -d :pserver:behdad at cvs dot arabeyes dot org:/home/arabeyes/cvs co bicon

and it fails.

> It compiles fine with me (but as mentioned before, I couldn't get it to
> actually work, since I seem to be missing 'something').

You should be able to just run bicon/bicon, not bin/farsi.

> Some things I am not clear about, before we go on to create a project
> for is the following:
>
> 1. Who will be main project lead for BiCon? I can see Karouri assuming
> the role, yet he keeps saying he is out of commission (is that Karouri's
> way of saying, 'no strings attached' ? ;)

Well, why not Nadim if Karouri is out of reach?  Nadim is not
busy with other projects AFAIK, and knows the whole thing good
enough.

> 2. When do we declare the demise of Akka? With the first release of
> BiCon, with the creation of a BiCon project page or now?
>
> 3. Who will be contributing to BiCon regularly? I know I plan to, any
> others?

Count on me :).

> For now, the code's in CVS
> (http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/bicon) and I hope you all
> enjoy ;)

You've settled a homeless child.  Be God be always with you. :)

behdad