[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: bicon
- From: Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 04:51:10 +0000 (GMT)
The first alpha of bicon is live.
You can download the file http://www.geocities.com/malkarouri/bicon.tar.gz
,where you will find the 0.01 version of bicon.
Actually this is not a release, but te current working code.
What is already done
* Problem of license solved
The offending code was replaced with code taken from the Python library, which
is GPL compatible. It as been checked.
* Initial use of autotools in the project
Autotools were used; they are now responsible for fjoining, fconsole and bicon,
and working successfully.
What should be done now
* We need CVS for it
* Somebody use a proper bootstrap instead of kbootstrap
* I already made an arab.kmap.gz. It should be corrected. And we need an arabic
In fact, most needed things are mentioned in
I confirm that point 1 in that message is done.
Wanna try it?
mkdir bicon;cd bicon
tar xzvf bicon.tar.gz
Now you have bicon in the bicon subdirectory..
Figure out how to use the keymap and font, as explained in README (still the
By the way, I am still more or less out of reach.
Please help in this project.
MSc Telecommunication and Information Systems
Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping"
your friends today! Download Messenger Now