Re: PuTTY & Bidi (was - C program...)

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> from what I understand from PuTTY's authors (search the list
> archives here for previous discussions and threads), they want
> a BiDi implementation that is OS-agnostic. That essentially
> means that whatever MS provides is a no-no. Else, it would
> have been implemented a long time ago ;)

Really ?  Could you please provide some URLs.  I can't see why
Putty would want to do that since it would increase the size
of the currently tiny application for the relative benefit of
a very small audience.  I would think it would be more to Putty's
benefit to rely on windows' native bidi calls - but then again,
lots of things don't make sense :-)