[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: FriBIDI SHAPING support
- To: anmar at canada dot com
- Subject: Re: FriBIDI SHAPING support
- From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh at sharif dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:10:36 +0330
- Cc: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Organization: Sharif FarsiWeb Inc
On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 11:27, Anmar Oueja wrote:
> Could you please consider putting a flag to disable the shaping on the
> new fribidi.
Definitely. That is already in the plan. (Actually, shaping information
will be provided as extra information. The character stream won't be
> Due to the lack of shaping in the current release of
> fribidi, adding it might cause problems to applications that have their
> own internal shaping code. Pango comes to mind as one of many ..
Pango, as the most important user of FriBidi, will be considered as much
> mlterm is another one
I don't know about that.