Re: FriBIDI SHAPING support

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:35:13AM +0330, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 03:25, Anmar Oueja wrote:
> > > I want to know if fribidi has shaping support and if not, does the CVS
> > > version has that support. and if not where is the shaping support so we
> > > can integrate it and start testing it.
> >
> > We are supposed to deliver shaping support in FriBidi by March 5 (based
> > on a contract). For news regarding that, keep a watch on the FriBidi
> > mailing list.
>

> Salam,
>
> Roozbeh, I am on the fribidi list, but all I have been getting in the
> past few months is spam. I keep hearing you are moving to savannah, but
> this hasn't happened yet.

Salam,

Savannah is still recovering from their last crack accident.  For
example I have mailed them about the new lists, but gnu.org
usually replies mails after months :(.

> For this reason, please do post here of any updates (since I have
> unsubscribed from fribidi's list) -- and I am sure many others are
> interested to hear of such an _important_ and _vital_ addition to
> FriBidi ;)

I would do as soon as I have something interesting.  But in the
mean time do not wait for anything.  Code does not appear from
heaven in a night.  It needs someone to make love with his
keyboard, that needs some time :-).

behdad