Re: ChangeLog

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 10:17, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:

> I have actually been relying on cvs2cl in my commits, and I thought that
> will do it, specially as I do small commits every day these days.
>
> Anyway, as we are all agreeing on this, we will do it manually.
> So my next commit will update the ChangeLog to catch up.

On second thought, I don't agree. I understand ChangeLog as either:
- Has to document every change in the cvs, which is what is documented
by cvs log, or
- Has to tell the change between releases, which should be done
manually, but from one release to the next. (may be from being used to
close source?)

It is a bit impractical to update ChangeLog 3 times a day, a penalty
when you are at your topmost productivity (that's for me, I know that
some will sneer at the 3 commits/day). Specially if you stick to doing
good cvs commits.

I wait to be enlightened, till then I am suspending updating ChangeLog.
Especially as Behdad has done it all already;)

karouri