Re: test Putty

Odd, so why does Simon's 0.54 version (without any of our changes) show
shaped Arabic glyphs ?  Where are those characters coming from if they
are not in the "Lucida Console" font ?

dont know...
i think im using 0.53b's code... i'll get 0.54's code and check it out, but
i dont think there is anything special, like using Glyphs from 2 fonts if they're
not available in one...

> to be sure if a font has arabic glyphs or not check the "Script:" when
> you're choosing the Font Name...
I don't remember seeing Arabic listed on any of 'em, but I'll double
check.  In all sounds like we'll need to address (or at a min mention)
this to Simon with regards to "Lucida Console" font.

Courier New has Arabic Script listed, and Simplified Arabic has only Arabic script...

Does the font possibly have Form-B (0xFE70 - 0xFEFF) glyphs and not the
ISO-8859-6 (0x0600 - 0x06FF) ?

nope, Lucida Console, has no arabic glyphs at all...

btw, how is contacting simon going..? should i start on the shaping...?

ak...