Re: grace period [ was developers' guide]

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 15:59, Mohammed Sameer wrote:

> Nop, I didn't get a reply to this before.
> i talked much about the advantages of autogen.sh as it's a script, And
> thus we can put many tests more easy.
> ok, now what's the general consensus ??

Well, I just need a few hands saying autogen.sh (people who have
contributed to Arabeyes have bigger hands of course ;) and I will make
the change.

> > Learning Makefile structure as opposed to shell scripting? Really.. both
> > are worth learning if you plan to do any development ;)

> no, I don't think so.

<shrug>

> ok, and what if I want to generate documentation using gtk-doc ? Why
> do I have to write the comments 2 times ?
> and I didn't know that gtk-doc has changed ?

You're right. If there are discrepencies then.. well, too bad. But, if
you are writing a GTK-based program or a console based one, you will be
commenting your code the same way. If you are opening up any Arabeyes
project, you should be able to see the same commenting style.

I know this may not be what you want, but it is for the greater benefit
of the project as a whole.

> sorry, I prefere leaving the versioning system to the developer.

It was left to the Quran project authors.. look at the kind of
versioning nightmare it's in ;) I don't even know what is what anymore.
You may have others rally with you on the autogen.sh issue, but on this,
I have Nadim on my side, and he's known to be vicious ;)

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |