From: "Musab Al-Rawi" <musab_rawi at hotmail dot com>
To: developer at arabeyes dot org
Subject: Re: Quran data certification
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 02:02:42 -0500

From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
One more thing to think about.  Once the data is looked at and certified,
we need to come up with a mechanism that would insure that the data's
content is never modified (md5sum or similar) so that a mirror carrying
the application and the data will continue to be "correct" without fear
of foul-play or "ta7reef".  Meaning, we'll need a mechanism in place that
will, without a doubt, tell the user his/her data are intact (keep in mind
that this is an open source project and so we have to somehow protect the
data while keeping it open, etc).  Something to think about - not sure if
M.Yousif has a solution in hand.

Salam.

can't u save Quran's text in files and do md5sum on the files?
another thing, what about using PGP mechanism .. as i understood it can be used to authenticate code just as it works with the emails. u know SW companies use PGP to tell customers that what u have on the CD is what we did without any changes.

-Musab