Re: Unicode on Windows

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> as suggested, im starting a thread on this topic...
> if its been discussed before please give me a URL, or a date...
>
> what i found when working on PuTTy:
>
> Win2000 and WinXP both support Unicode out of the box...
> Win 9x and Win ME, dont support Unicode out of the box (or any other way)...
>
> how do we implement Unicode programs on Win 9x. any ideas ..??

With the exception of PuTTY and a couple of other applications (Wine for
instance) you can really forget about windows altogether and concentrate
more on linux/unix and its Unicode support.  If you are pointing out
that PuTTY will not work on win-9x or win-ME, that is perfect acceptable
with me and it should not cause you to worry (until we find out otherwise)
and not deal with it until XP's version is working 100%.