Re: Putty: Informing Simon

--- Musab Al-Rawi <musab_rawi at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> i am trying to write what were the things that we did in the do_text() and
> the only part that i got straight is the get placement thing.. Ahmad i think
> that u better write to Simon since u know it better..
> i am not sure how this kind of reporting should be done .. is it enough if
> we simply paste the lines?! should we explain some ?!
> Nadim: any suggestions ?

Musab, I don't think Simon will want to read what you had done,
he'll want to see a patch to get an idea of what the changes were.
If he has questions he'll certainly ask ;-)

I suggest the following,

 1. Get a README and a .patch file uploaded to Arabeyes putty CVS
    ASAP (a simple README of who's working on this and the overall
    plan, etc and a 'diff' of the new code vs. original)
 2. Mail Simon with a "we are done with phase-1 as agreed upon" and
    provide him a link to the CVS patch file.
 3. Ask Simon for his "outline" as he promised - he said he'll furnish
    one once we are done with the removal of shaping.
 4. Setup a date/time for Simon to join us on IRC for another quickie
    session for all of us to touch base like we did before so that
    we don't diverge from what he had in mind.

In passing, do please make available the binary you guys are working
on so that some of us can test it.