[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PuTTy CAN shape now
- To: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: PuTTy CAN shape now
- From: "ahmad khalifa" <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:40:33 +0000
i guess this time, the subject really applies...
because PuTTy is now actually doing the shaping itself.... :))
since noone seemed to be helping me much, i took the liberty of taking VIM's
code, and stuck it into PuTTY... the authors as the code says are Nadim
Shaikli and Isam Bayazidi..
if the authors have any problem with that, i'll remove the code (now, i know
how shaping is done)
and probably rewrite it again...
i have a few points though to the authors...
- Combinations = Ligatures = Lam Alef ... ???
- there is a problem with a_LAM when its not isolated, either way it doesnt
get translated to
Form-B, i think the second parameter of the function A_firstc_laa() is the
i think i call it with a wrong value... Can u tell me whats the composing
char..?? or maybe you
can explain arabic_shape() 's params...?
- i took a function from VIM with arabic.h and arabic.c... the function
utf_ptr2char()... is there
a problem with that..? i can remove it, and write my own OR i can include
credit to VIM's author.
- your names will be on the top of the files, but i want to remove VIM's
credits, and put PuTTy's..
so, what do u think..??
anyway, i read on the mailing list archives that the author of friBidi
wouldnt let us use it, so i
wrote a function that just flips any 0x0600 chars in place....
musab we dont have to change the font's script anymore... u just use UTF-8
GetCharacterPlacementW()... <-- notice the W in the name... it means Unicode
only a few small things are left to deal with...
- char spacing is messed up... does any1 know anything about that...?
- a problem with Lam... doesnt get translated to Form-B and stays 0x0644...
- cursor position doesnt change when i use the arrows... is it a PuTTy
- when typing the same char repeatedly, it doesnt shape... when i force a
redraw (ex. minimise
and maximise) it shapes..
- someone to test it...
- do we contact PuTTy's author now or do we test it first...?
- do we get a CVS account, and commit this stuff..??
- do we get to change the ToDo list...?? :)))
- the code is a bit messy and needs to be cleaned up...
- do we need to add #define and #ifdef to the code, or do we leave arabic
all the time (ask PuTTy's author)
btw, im new here and dont know who to contact about CVS, and the ToDo...
MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*.