RE: Putty: Informing Simon

tell u what,
i am trying to write what were the things that we did in the do_text() and the only part that i got straight is the get placement thing.. Ahmad i think that u better write to Simon since u know it better..
i am not sure how this kind of reporting should be done .. is it enough if we simply paste the lines?! should we explain some ?!
Nadim: any suggestions ?

well, tell him that we can draw broken arabic letters... i.e windows does no shaping...
because we used the ETO_GLYPH_INDEX flag with ExtTextOut()... only the ExtTextOut()
that handles arabic letters (i think it maybe handles all Unicode chars, i.e the ones > 0xFF)...
next, well try to add some shaping code to do_paint()... but i think that Bidirectionality should
be handled before shaping (as the Unicode's standard said... Chapter 08)...

maybe you should hold off that letter... untill we get something real done...

btw... in the function pwrite(), characters that have the value 0x0600 (arabic letters) are
converted to a string of ascii leters... ex wsprintf(cc, "<%X>", wide_char) .... i changed my
code to stop doing that wsprintf and hand the char to c_write()... i told u this about 2
weeks ago...

if u didnt do this and its working, maybe they're handled somewhere else in the code and i dont
need to... i.e something converts from "<XX>" to 0xXXXX, but i dont think so....

anyway lets work on the shaping...

ak...