RE: putty can shape now..

From: "ahmad khalifa" <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com>
2. i dont know about that.... changing the font to arabic script is one of the reasons we have
to convert to CP-1256... so it was just a way to get it working, but i think there should be
another way without changing the script and without using CP-1256...
i'll look over at Unicode.org, to try to understand the difference between 0x0600 characters
and 0xd800 -> 0xd9ff characters and 0xfe00 or Form-B or whatever that stuff is...
i checked the unicode.org and read some of the doc's over there but i didn't know where is the doc. that talks about different fonts and way to represent them .. if u get the link please pass it to me so that i catch up.

did u show it to PuTTY's author..? or did u know whats the next
i haven't contacted Simon regarding this work;
but i think that we should work on the CVS thing first because CVS's Putty is old and experiemental. Of course we need to get a CVS account etc, Another thing is how to add the patch, should we add it as a source file and whoever downloads the code will compile PuTTy with the changed file, or by another way to present the patch ??

Ahmad, the main step now is to get a technical doc. from simon explaining how we should include bidi and shaping in putty.

Sincerely,
Musab Basil Al Rawi
Mobile # +971 50 367 0624
Phone # +971 6 556 3436

- "The Man Should Do What He Can Until His Destiny Is Revealed".
- "The Glory Is not In Never Falling, But In Rising EveryTime You Fall".

Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up Accelerator. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/