Re: Todo: CUPS ?!?

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> umm.. does CUPS need Arabic support...?? i dont think so...
> it prints arabic docs... or at least has some sort of support...
> would someone please confirm that it prints OK, or tell me whats missing...

Are you able to print Arabic UTF-8 text files from the command line
using 'lpr' or 'lp' and get fully Bidi'ed and shaped text ?  If you
are then we have all the proper support we need (onward to 'enscript'
then :-).

> SLang...!!!
> there are some really wierd apps in the ToDo list...

SLang and ncurses are needed for console type of issues/applications
and/or installs.

> please update the ToDo list with actual things that need doing....

The "actual" list of things that we had identified is listed on that
wiki page (its not an april fool's joke).  You are more than welcome
to augment to it.