Re: putty can shape now..

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 03:13, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> CP-1256 should not be used in any stage in any software anymore.
> A single-byte encoding for Unicode is already available.  It's
> called UTF-8.

I disagree. Well, if we lived in an idealistic world, perhaps. However,
and especially when it comes to PuTTY, I think it is rather important to
have CP-1256 support at some point.

well, the code i sent works on converting Unicode to CP-1256 in order to give it to the Display function only... my code does nothing to any encoding handling... only when its arabic unicode it translates and sends to the display function, the rest is in unicode....