[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Broken Bidi in PuTTY
- To: putty at projects dot tartarus dot org
- Subject: Broken Bidi in PuTTY
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:07:39 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; b=5fv/1MvZYGOEQojIq5/t/vs5RvUUt33pyvgSvpVL1DZJ5YxekP/NbOSJCRGIZl33X1HuEwnYySIW4pvMTgMDXI30J1GnaYP0+QD4Zm//DkgLVETC26ebAPQnbTWntAo28vfUWPjZ2xxnT1AhGqQfrsVlRf0eRnmDXicYZWU4hQY= ;
Simon, I just downloaded the "latest development snapshot" PuTTY binary 
and it looks like its Bidi support is either broken or disabled for some
reason (my guess is that it was mistakenly disabled on purpose). I compared
two snapshots I have,
+ 2004-12-02:r2941 Works great without issues
+ 2004-12-19:r5011 Seems to be broken
I simply looked at a mixed Arabic/English file and it looks like the Arabic
is being rendered properly its just not being flipped so instead of reading
HELLO, I'm seeing OLLEH (given caps are Arabic).
BTW: I haven't forgotten about getting a few people to look at the
miniBidi code for sanity checks. M.Elzubeir, M.Sameer - care
to lend a hand ?
Hope that helps.
Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! - What will yours do?