[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ITL status update before 0.6.3 + debian
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: ITL status update before 0.6.3 + debian
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:19:01 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: negm at debian dot org
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; b=6NldmlrlS84Y45amDmN5z5Kh7Y0HUrmKo26e7nePweWGEOY8NnMr7L7S37rc1INzGjHbzI1WH2vCjGgypZLXE4t9S66Wt/l5o4qYICARlrLgA7GhMHGLqEVSJrEqHZvAQWd4wPQmd+AcgXOrLz+83K2g700ibs50BjDXTehPvII= ;
--- Thamer Mahmoud <thamer at newkuwait dot org> wrote:
> The ITL library is now ready for testing and a new release. This is a
> minor release and I don't expect anything to break. Please go through
> the "make" && "make install" process, and then test the library. We want to
> be sure that nothing is broken at the moment.
Cool - will do.
> The following are some of the few remaining issues that may still need
> some pondering/answering:
> - Are there any Debian developers interested in sponsoring the ITL
> package(s)? The process of debianizing the ITL library is now
> complete. The produced packages are also lintian/linda clean. I'm
> aware of the existence of debian-mentors, but I thought I should ask
> here first. Comments regarding the content of the debian directory
> are also welcome.
Ayman Negm (CC'ed) said he'd help - Ayman, so how 'bout it ? We now
have a completely [L]GPL'ed version of 'hdate' and cousins (except its
far more improved and far more accurate :-).
> - We need to Debianize the itools as well.
Yup, do please see if you can lend a hand :-) It would be ideal to get
both ITL-lib and ITL-itools into debian's APT at the same time.
> - Is the gcc -m32 flag necessary?
I think I needed that to compile on a sparc; having now just recompiled
without it, I'd recommend you remove it (it doesn't seem like I need it
Keep up the great work !!
Do you Yahoo!?
Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.