[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ITL status update before 0.6.3 + debian
- To: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: ITL status update before 0.6.3 + debian
- From: Thamer Mahmoud <thamer at newkuwait dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:25:39 +0300
The ITL library is now ready for testing and a new release. This is a
minor release and I don't expect anything to break. Please go through
the "make" && "make install" process, and then test the library. We want to
be sure that nothing is broken at the moment.
The main additions include a SWIG interface file to allow the creation
of library wrappers to access the library functions using other
programming languages (see www.swig.org). The new release will also
include deb packages (more on this below).
Also, there were some very minor bug fixes and slight documentation
improvements and polish. I updated The library build process and added
"make distclean" and we now link dynamicly with libc.
The following are some of the few remaining issues that may still need
- Are there any Debian developers interested in sponsoring the ITL
package(s)? The process of debianizing the ITL library is now
complete. The produced packages are also lintian/linda clean. I'm
aware of the existence of debian-mentors, but I thought I should ask
here first. Comments regarding the content of the debian directory
are also welcome.
- We need to Debianize the itools as well.
- Is the gcc -m32 flag necessary?