[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [mule-aist:01306] Re: Fwd: Re: a software library for multilingualisation
- To: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: Re: [mule-aist:01306] Re: Fwd: Re: a software library for multilingualisation
- From: TAKAHASHI Naoto <ntakahas at m17n dot org>
- Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:54:51 +0900 (JST)
- User-agent: SEMI/1.14.3 (Ushinoya) FLIM/1.14.2 (Yagi-Nishiguchi) APEL/10.2 Emacs/21.2 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8) MULE/5.0 (SAKAKI)
Thank you for your interest.
Ossama Khayat writes:
> --- TAKAHASHI Naoto <ntakahas at m17n dot org> wrote:
>> Please try it.
> Cool stuff! Not sure why the letter 'TAH' is not rendered.
The demonstration program used Cyberbas.ttf to render Arabic. I
checked the font and found that TAH lacks the 'medi(al)' feature. So
it must be a bug of the font, not of our algorithm. :-)
I installed the Riwaj.ttf font for the demonstration program. Now you
can see the TAH letter rendered correctly.
Munzir Taha writes:
> On Yaum al-Jumma 11 Rajab 1425 16:28, TAKAHASHI Naoto wrote:
>> I have confirmed that the original text sequence is:
>> ..., meem, sukun, alef with hamza above, fatha, laam, kasra.
>> I will check the rendering algorithm again.
> Looks like you understand Arabic and can check yourself. Why didn't you say
> this from the beginning? ;)
No, I do not understand the Arabic language. I can recognise and
identify the characters and their presentation forms, but that is all.
... Well, actually I know a few Arabic words. And I keep listening an
Arabic course on the radio. (Believe it or not, there is a radio
Arabic course here in Japan.)
ntakahas at m17n dot org