Re: Fwd: Re: a software library for multilingualisation

On Yaum al-Ithnain 07 Rajab 1425 09:47, TAKAHASHI Naoto wrote:

> >> I have investigated all the opentype fonts available from the Arabeyes
> >> web site. Unfortunately, none of them had appropriate GPOS features.
> >> So I imagine that vowels signs have little importance to native
> >> speakers.
> >
> > No, they are very important to native speakers but few of them seek
> > perfectness. If it's a font issue no problem but make sure it's not your
> > lib fault.
>
> I will check it again.

You can check with professional fonts like Lotus Linotype or DecoType fonts.
It will be nice if you can post a screenshot with those fonts for us to give
feedback. The same poem verse please (I want to see why the last shoud-be
fatah on Alef with hamza0 appeared as a non-correct positioning kasra between
the alef and lam)

> > Also, when I tested from the Demo on the website it seems as if it
> > doesn't conform to Unicode BIDI. If I type Arabic then English, it
> > doesn't behave as should be, at least AFAIk.
>
> Would you be more specific?  What characters in what sequence did you
> use?  The m17n library uses the fribidi library for BIDI reordering,
> so we believe its result is reasonably reliable.

Then almost my testing procedure is not correct ;)
I Just typed any ARABIC and then any english in the same line. I exect to see
it visually as
english CIBARA
it appears as
CIBARA english

How can I test then from the demo? any thing like Qt examples or gtk-demo?

thanks a lot for the info and keep up the good work.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA