Re: prayer time calculator

--- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- "Obaid Ahmed" <ahmedobaid at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> > is there any library that can provide me with prayer times if i pass in
> > latitude and longitude of a particular location and the file name where it
> > should save it.. i would like to support hanafi and shafii and if it saves
> > it to a text file that would be awesome.. i can tweak the code to make it
> > to work as i want but i need the library to do the calcs first
>
> Everything you note is already implemented.  What you need is called the ITL
> project [1].  Make sure to read the project page and browse through the CVS.
> We should have a release in the next day or two.
>
> [1] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=ITL

Heck, why wait a couple of days :-)  A release has just been announced,

  http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/announce/2004/August/msg00000.html

Do please subscribe to the 'announce' mailing-lists (it get 1-2 emails,
if that, a month) if you haven't already.

Now we need someone to create .deb files out of the release packages
(or point me/us to how its done - aren't there scripts to do this ?)
to get the ball rolling.