Re: Java Prayer engine (ITL)

I do not know if this is applicable or not.

But the .Net plattform allows C++ Code to be compiled into its platform as well - I have compiled the Prayertimes Source code using VS.Net.

Now any .Net application can take the dll file that is created by the PrayerTimes Library, and add it to their project and have access to its mehods and what not.

So perhaps - as part of the itl libray you can take ur code and compile it into .dll's for the .Net platform - and include that.

I have not tested this out - but I see no reason it should not work.

Nadim Shaikli wrote:

--- Moazzam Khan <moazzam at ummah dot org> wrote:

I have ported the prayer times calculation engine to Java. I am going to
use it in an application I am making, and I thought you could publish it
for others who needed it in Java.

Moazzam, a couple of notes:

1. Please upload your code to a website somewhere and provide a link
   so that others would be able to partake in your work.
2. I'm assuming your code is under (L)GPL license.
3. We've had a similar conversation (about PHP I think) with someone
   else a bit back with regards to using the actual library and creating
   a Java wrapper around the installed C-library.  I do see value, though,
   in having a native Java port for such platforms as windows, etc which
   might not have the ITL library installed (or might not be able to
   install it even).

I have also ported it to .NET and am trying to port it to PHP. I would
have sent those along with this, but I don't have the code on this
computer. If you want those too, let me know and I will send them

As long as everything is under GPL, sure. Again, do please upload to a website somewhere (there are plenty of free sites one can upload to) and provide a URL. I'm also CC'ing our "developer" list to get others to know about this work so in the future do please mail all your correspondence to that mailing-list.

The main issue we continue to face is our intent to create a "library"
which should have curtailed the need to proliferate the porting of the
code to various languages (think about when a bug is fixed or a new
feature added then you have 5 other ports to go deal with) - I'm not
sure how best to deal with this though.

Thamer, any thoughts/ideas ?