Re: [emacs-bidi] Help bidi Emacs

> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:59:31 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
>
> OK, I'll start "testing" when time allows for it

Thank you!

> Maybe a more concentrated effort on listing what needs to be tested
> to better guide the developers on what exactly needs to be fixed.

The first thing to test is the display of bidirectional text.  Visit a
file with such a text and see if Emacs displays it without crashing,
and that the bidi reordering produces correct results.

> I'm not sure how best to pursue this, but if you and other from the
> m17n effort are a bit taken aback on the actual debug (and I'm sure
> I'm wrong on this, so forgive me if I am) I can only assume we'd be
> completely floored and thus wanted to see how best we (arabeyes and
> its members) can be put to use.

The problem with us developers is that we have lots of other things to
do, which pushes the bidirectional support priority too low on our
agenda.  We need help from anyone who is interested in bidi Emacs.

TIA