Re: ITL library & kprayertime

salaam Thamer

Thanks for the prompt reply. I don't *know* of any tool which is more accurate
than ITL, in that I have no idea of which times for maghrib are in reality
correct. It's also very difficult to actually observe the correct time as I
live in a city and also as you know the shape of the Earth at the point you
are measuring also obviously affects times.

One other possible discrepancy as well as the very valid ones that you
mention, is to make sure that the disc of the sun has entirely dropped below
the horizon. Does the ITL library ensure this? Athough this only takes under
a minute around here (central England).

Do you know what authority has said that the algorithm you are using is
accurate? The reason I am concerned is that, obviously, praying 3 or 4
minutes late is no problem, but praying even one minute early invalidates the
prayer, as you well know.

Is there a web site or other data source that you know of for instance that
provides actual maghrib times at various locations and dates, allowing me to
make extra sure?

I'm sorry to raise all this again but I just want to be sure before making
everything available for public download.

BTW, my lat is 52.6432, my long is -1.10333. Your program gives for today
(29-4-04), 20:25. The Kamal Abdali algorithm gives 20:28. Yesterday there was
a four minute discrepancy.

jazaakallahu khairan
wassalaam