Re: ITL library & kprayertime

Omar Abo-Namous writes:
 > Salam,
 >
 > i've changed the ITL-prayertime code into php and am using it since. The
 > prayertimes are pretty accurate to those our community is using anyway (except
 > isha and fajr, but that's no surprise).
 >
 > Have a look:
 >
 > www.islaminhannover.de
 > (on the right)
 >
 > salam.
 >
 > Omar

Salam,

About fajr and ishaa, you need to have a look at the "Extreme methods"
provided by the library. These methods are intended for locations with
latitudes near or above 48.5 degrees (specially in the summer
time). I've looked up Hannover's latitude and it is around 52`20' , so
I guess you need to select one of these methods in addition to your
angle method.

For reference purposes, and to further improve that part of the
library, it would be great if you could mention the fajr and ishaa
times that you'd expect the library to produce. Either based on your
own observations, or for example, your local mosque listings for today
or any summer day.

Also, in the last couple of days, I rewrote some parts of that code in
the library. It is almost complete now and supports all the methods
for calculating prayer times at higher latitudes.  If you intend to
test this feature, the ipraytime.c file in CVS provides an "-x"
argument for setting the extreme method for your location (i.e. "-x 1"
or "-x 2" ...etc)

This is a problem with choosing the right method of calculation rather
than a problem of the calculations used for normal Fajr and
Ishaa. Inshallah, I will add more information on this topic in the
upcoming libitl man page (and ipraytime's).

Regards,
Thamer Mahmoud