Re: [putty]PuTTY's Arabic patch

Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> writes:

> Simon/Owen et al, I'm not sure if you guys got this email -
>
>   http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/April/msg00167.html
>
> if you did, do please confirm.

Yes, we did.  We just need to find time to look into a few things.
Notably, there might be some performance hits when selecting text, and
possibly elsewhere.  Possibly the bidi/shaping code is being called
more often than it should be?  (Simon has some ideas that might speed
up the way the bidi code reverses stuff, which might help too.)

Also, we're a bit concerned by the fact that you had to do anything
special to cope with CP-1256, since it implies that you're doing your
shaping work before everything's been converted to Unicode rather than
after.

> Just making sure this important issue hasn't fallen into any cracks
> and/or we're not doing something that was asked of us.

Nah, we've just been doing other stuff.

(S)