Re: ITM

I think you mean ITL (http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=ITL)

> I have a suggestion, it seems that there isn't a prayer time reminder there.
> You know Waleed Muhana ? He made a praytime/hdate/hcal/premind software.
> Unfortunately he removed it from internet, dunno why ! he said things about
> ppl modifying it (it was open source) and so. I was one of those who
> modified it because it didn't work correctly for me. Anyways, I have the
> source code here, I dunno if it is appropriate to give it to you or not.

I do NOT think hdate/hcal/etc were open source and as such we didn't
have "legal" access to his code.  The ITL project purposely has tried to
fill-in and replace all of the relevant applications mentioned in similar
or better functionality.

> The point is premind is the prayer time reminder he made, I think the way
> it worked was it is like daemon, I mean, it runs as background process.
> And for each prayer time, it gives 4 alarms:
> 	1. before azan by 5 mins
> 	2. before azan by 1 min
> 	3. at time of azan
> 	4. after azan by 1 min (saying that u r late)

This seems a bit outside the scope of the library.  You should be
able to write a simple application (or a script even) that can parse
ipraytime's output and generate you any remind of your choosing.  If
you, or others are willing to create a useful generic tool that would
do that I don't see why we can't bundle it with ITL's next release.
If none do that, I'll try to look into it when time allows.

> I wish you ppl can do it. Btw, I see, that u do a library, is it easy
> to use that library ?

Everything's easy once you put-in the time to learn it and use it :-).
The only way to know is to try (you have plenty of examples to look
at and the code is self-explanatory).

Do please subscribe to the list to continue posting to 'developer'

NOTE: I will not answer personal emails regarding Arabeyes topics.