Re: X.org influence

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Ahmad Al-rasheedan wrote:

> On Thursday 22 April 2004 08:37, Anmar Oueja wrote:
> > Greetings Earthlings:
> >
> > Given the latest development in the world of X server, It is an idea
> > time for us to start influencing the future release of X.org Xserver so
> > it can support and have all what is needed for proper Arabic support
>
> Mr. Oueja,
>
> I care for 2 things under X.
>
> 1) It would be nice if X asks for a keyboard variant (Arabic) and it would
> enable (Ctrl Shift) automatically in XFree86-4.conf file.

What does it mean?  It can handle all of these AFAIK.  But you
need to configure it, it cannot guess.

> 2) Decent fonts like KACST are included in the distro.

But it's an X server, not a distro.  Guess you better forget
about it.

BTW, talking about KACST, is it developed by Arabeyes?  It has
made serious problems for me/us/Persian community in the Fedora
project, as KACST fonts do not have glyphs needed for rendering
Persian.

> Thanks.

--behdad
  behdad.org