Re: Arabic Support For Aspell

On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 16:19, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> Well.  Maybe you can automate it.  I am not willing to add special code
> for Arabic if the current code is sufficient.  Sorry.

I'm not expecting you to change the affix data file format. I am simply
trying to make you appreciate the size of the task (and an overall
understanding of the language requirements).

However, if you are not willing to add any extra code to provide proper
support for Arabic (things that cannot be done otherwise), then we have
a problem ;) It is likely that Arabic may require some extra code in
Aspell -- which, again, I don't mind writing. We try to be reasonable. I
most certainly don't expect to change generic behavior for the sake of
one language.

I will look into a way to automate this.

Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir