Re: Qamoose

On Saturday 04 October 2003 09:48, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> Ah, let me echo back what I think I read.  You'd like to modify words
> and have the ability to select certain ones for download ?  If so, you
> already have the option to modify words, but you don't have the option
> of downloading a select set of words -- let me know if I understood you
> correctly.  You also have the option to add new words while logged-in
> as the admin.

No sir, thats not what I meant. I guess what I have in mind is outside
the charter of Qamoos. I was thinking of linking Qamoos & dictd. I make
a change in Qamoos (approve/edit) a new term and it takes effect the
next time dictd is reloaded. If I get 3 new terms for approval, I do what
I should do under Qamoos and I do 3 different cvs for 3 words if they have
different starting letters.

> Now this one threw me for a loop :-)  I read point #3 like 12 times and
> still don't understand it.  There really is no relationship between
> QaMoose and new/bad_words (you might be thinking of a mechanism I'm not
> 100% on or something).

Sorry, the price of sending a message late at night I guess. There is no
relation between bad_words & Qamoos. What I meant to say, at the moment, I
have bad_words & new_words to deal with. Shortly, bad_words & new_words will
disappear and I will wind up with maintaining terms (Correct a def, add a
word or 2). It would be nice if I can correct a def or add a word or 2 using
Qamoos and not have to cvs.

Regards,
--
Ahmad Al-rasheedan (http://webhost.fasttelco.com/asr)