Re: Arabic Font (PakType)

A little info on Arabic script based font development
(from PakType):

* The first step is to locate the characters that you
want to include in your font from Unicode chart for
Arabic range.
(http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0600.pdf )

* After that you'll need to make all shapes for those
characters and make a TrueType font using Fontographer

or Font Creator Program or anyother TTF software.
(http://www.high-logic.com/fcp.html )

* Before proceding to OpenType, become a member of
Microsoft VOLT Community Page and download Microsoft
VOLT
(http://groups.msn.com/MicrosoftVOLTuserscommunity )

* After downloading VOLT, go through "Arabic script
based OpenType font development guide using VOLT"
(http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otfntdev/arabicot/default.htm

)

* Now you are ready to make yout own OTF from your
TTF.

Optional:
* After creating OTF, if you want to hint your font,
then join VTT Community
(http://groups.msn.com/VisualTrueTypeUsersCommunity )
and download VTT.

Some more links: