Re: katoob is marvelleous but ...

On Saturday 28 June 2003 6:03 pm, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 04:24:58AM +0300, Munzir Taha Obeid wrote:
> > The most common convention here is not to put a ... after save but
> > redirect to Save As when the user invokes save in case the file wasn't
> > saved before. Check kedit, gedit, nedit, gvim, cooledit, ...

> I'll be working on the save/save as stuff then.
> it shouldn't take long, but probably it'll end with a rewrite ;-)
I am not a programmer but  can't you just change the title bar of the save
dialog box (in case of new files) to say "Save As..." instead of "Please
select where to save the file". Who can tell whether these are different
dialog boxes or not.

Isn't it enough just to change these lines in save.c?

  if (katoob_document_get_readonly (doc))
    {
      return katoob_real_save (doc,
			       _("Please select where to save the file."),
			       KATOOB_SAVE_AS);
    }
  else
    {
      return katoob_real_save (doc,
			       _("Please select where to save the file."),
			       KATOOB_SAVE);
    }

--

Telecommunications Engineer