Re: katoob is marvelleous but ...

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 02:21:38PM +0300, Munzir Taha Obeid wrote:
> Yes, I love the last release of katoob very much. It really a masterpiece of
> work which solves most of the Arabic problems in the Editors category.

Thanks, Can't imagine how happy i should be!

> Just not to let Mohammed Sameer sleep I have two minor notes here:
> 1. Three dots (can you see them in the subject ;) ) should appear after all
> menu entries that lead to dialog boxes, e.g. Save As..., Preferences...,
> Spell Check..., ...

Done in the CVS, It'll be available in the next release, But i have a
question:
what about the menu entries that may lead to dialogs or may not depends
on the situation ?
ex: the save dialog, May lead to a file selection dialog or may not
depending on the buffer "if you have opened a file then there'll not be
a dialog, but if you clicked new and then save there'll be a dialog".
the revert is the same...

I know that the UI need some work.

> 2. The option on the toolbar (I suggest to call it Standard Toolbar) which is
> called "Change the typing language" has three entries: US/ASCII, arabic,
> Arabic, what's this?!. Previously it's just English and Arabic which is very
> clear.
The 1st 2 "US/ASCII & Arabic" are the layout obtained from the X server
via the xkb extension.
While the last one "arabic" is the one used by the emulator.
Do you suggest that the emulator ones be included in a sub menu ?

Thanks for your suggestions, That's what i'm laking these days.

--
-- Katoob Main Developer