[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Looking for a shaping library..
- To: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: Re: Looking for a shaping library..
- From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh at sharif dot edu>
- Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 17:07:46 +0430 (IRST)
- Cc: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at bamdad dot org>, <shadi at freesoft dot jo>
On Thu, 29 May 2003, Samy Al Bahra wrote:
> Shachar has decided to use ICU for wine's shaping rather than
> libfribidi. This was the result of weeks of waiting for some promised
> interface changes to deal with shaping and UTF16 encoding/decoding.
I guess Shachar made the right choice. For something like WINE, you need
something more friendly to those kinds of business. FriBidi is still a
cub. ICU is a grown lion. (Of course you can't afford a lion in projects
smaller than WINE, OpenOffice, or things like those).