Re: quran license

I have a few comments here.
The copyright laws may change from country to country.
I think one of the countries with the strictest
copyright laws is the USA. So if you satisfy the US
copyright laws, I think you should be fine in most of
the world. And in the US, translations of religious
texts may be copyrighted. So one cannot conclude that
since a translation of the Quran is a derivative work
from a public work - Arabic Quran, hence God's word -
it cannot be copyrighted. You will find the copyright
notice on many modern translations (since copyright
expires a certain amount of years after the author's
death).

My 2 cents..

Mete