Re: katoob is marvelleous but ...

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 03:18:13PM +0300, Munzir Taha Obeid wrote:
> On Monday 30 June 2003 6:26 pm, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 11:17:31PM +0300, Munzir Taha Obeid wrote:
> > > On Sunday 29 June 2003 5:59 am, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
>
> > > ROX has its roots on RISC OS which rocks on dragging and dropping. But
> > > generally speaking this feature is not in Katoob, unless you mean DND
> > > support.
> >
> > yes dnd.
> > i meant the rox file manager.
> Yes, I understand. Only rox file manager support it but not the others.

I've dragged a file from Nautilus and dropped it on katoob and it worked
fine.
What "others" are you talking about ? maybe i can have a look.

> > > How can I pipe a document to katoob?
> > $ cat foo | katoob -
> why not $cat foo | katoob. Can you tell me what's this - means? Or refer me to
the dash "-" is for katoob, so katoob know that *he* should read from
the stdin.

> a howto or something. What a multiple dashes should do? The man page says:
>        Reading from multiple pipes:
>               cat foo | katoob ‐ ‐
>
>        katoob’ll read foo contents from the standard input, Then wait for  the
>        user  to  type  any new input. Each one of them is opened in a separate
>        tab.
> Actually katoob doesn't wait for me to enter anything!!! And the new tab is
> always blank. More info, please.

It worked one day.
I'll look and see.

> > man katoob ;)
> 15. Since you refer me to man katoob, I am looking for something wrong. Hmm..
> a gramatical mistake ;)
>
> OPTIONS
>        This program follow (SHOULD BE FOLLOWS) the  usual  GNU  command  line
> syntax
i hate documentation!
Fixed.

> > It's fine here!
> I tried it many times but no use. Oops. it worked. just a minute ... it
> doesn't!!! Yeah! Just F7 not Ctrl+F7. This is how great discoveries
> happen-chance and patience, right?
> menubar.c contains these lines and I couldn't see why it doesn't work!!!
>   gtk_widget_add_accelerator (spelldlg, "activate", accel_group,
> 			      GDK_F7, GDK_CONTROL_MASK, GTK_ACCEL_VISIBLE);

!!
same here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what's that!

> > Really strange, This don't work even in gedit. It seems to be a problem
> > with my window manager or a bug in Gtk.
> Yet Really More Strange!!!! It works for me now in both gedit and Katoob!!!
> Wow!!!
> 16. Ctrl+P is a shortcut for Print and Preferences!!!
What do you suggest for each ?

> 17. cat ArabicUnicode | katoob - - -
> Segmentation fault

under investigation ;)