quran phonetic search screenshot

alsalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuh
hope everyone is doing well insha'Allah.
my friend who was hosting my website and email's box went
down... so had to switch email addresses.. anyways.

i've been busy working on the phonetic search...
here's a screenshot ..
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte440v/shot.jpg

sorry its borderless, did this pretty quick.

what works - basic searching.

how it works - a c program takes the arabic quran xml file and
translates it into a phonetic version xml file.  this is a one
time process.

after this, you can run the gtk2 application (shown in the
screenshot), and search for something.  per the suggestion of br
maher, i remove the vowels, spaces from everything and do a
levenshtein search algorithm on it.

right now, however, if you search for part of an ayat or for the
middle or end of an ayah, it doesn't find it usually, i know why
and i know how to do this, its on my to do list...

so here's my to do list basically for this project :

1. improve the search engine.
2. nicely format the text in the result -- if you have a long
result, it
    doesn't wrap around, which is bad....
3.  add options for language output (arabic only?  english only?
 allow more than one ayat to be displayed?  etc.)
4.  add options for font selection?
5.  fix the font on my slackware machine, which just comes up as
     squares... works on my laptop on gentoo though... (but
anyone know    why the font is a bit spacey like that?)
6. make sure it works with the latest cvs of libquran.  right
now its based on the released version.
7. improve the arabic -> transliteration engine.. there are
definitely a few things i know i can improve despite the missing
tashkeel.

i would upload to cvs or something but i don't have a developer
account.. and i am yet to get a decent email address (or use my
university one i guess)...

feedback?

walsalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuh.
-ae