Re: Wine, Bidi, and Arabic

Isam Bayazidi wrote:

now where does the numbers 28599, 28598, 28605, 28597 come from ?

This is some strange Windows numbering for the standard codepages. 28598 means ISO-8859-8. 28596 is for ISO-8859-6. You can find the mappings at unicode/cpmap.pl. I don't remeber why I chose ISO-8859-8 and not Windows 1255, but I don't think it matters much.

and what is the number for defining Arabic keyboard? is it set in some other file ?

About shaping, I guess that we can get shaping in a code outside fribidi, for Arabic and other Arabic Script languages, are you interested ?

Yes, but I'm not sure how high on my priorities I'll manage to put it. Also, the code absolutely MUST be LGPL complient for it to go into Wine, and must support UTF-16 (that's what Windows is using, sorry). If it's an external library then it only has to be dynamically linkable with LGPL, and the encoding requirement, of course.

Like I said, I'll try to get it in as soon as possible, but if you have someone there who is capable of working on it, I can guide him (her?) through it.

Yours
Isam Bayazidi

Shachar

P.S.
Did you find out about Wine/XOO deployment?
           Sh.