Re: Bootstraping arabeyes projects

Once upon a time Ossama Khayaat wrote @ Thu, 09 Jan 2003 08:44:05 +0300

> Mr. Mohammed Sameer,
> Since you're the man of Katoob, and talking
> about ./autogen.sh, I tried using it to
> generate the configure file but it failed
> on RH 7.3 and RH 8.0 updated to the latest
> errata with full installation which means
> I'm not missing any automake, autoconf or
> other tool.
>
> Would you kindly give me quick steps I can
> use to compile Katoob either from CVS or
> from the .tar.gz download file.

for the tar.gz you can simply uncompress
tar -zxvf katoob-ver.tar.gz
cd katoob-ver
./configure "pass any options you want see ./configure --help"
make
make install

for the CVS version, i have fixed all redhat 8.0 problems with the autogen.sh script
just run ./autogen.sh

in any case just paste the error message you get and i'll be glad to help